Sunday 25 February 2007

STILL KEEPIN' THE POSTMAN BUSY

Well, over the last fortnight, I have had yet, more goodies arrive. I not sure what part I like about knitting the best, the arrival of nice knitterly things, or the actual knitting itself ;-)


The first to arrive were these, three balls of black yarn, which hopefully shall become DB socks, yes, these still haven't been started and are still in the pending pile, must get cracking on with these, as I may start to feel guilty when the first STR package arrives, which should hopefully be over the next fortnight, but then again STR over lengthy DB black socks, What would you choose to make first? ;-)


The other two items are the new Debbie Bliss books, Out of Town and Pure Cotton book, both of which do have a few patterns that I would like to make, The Pure cotton book, if you turn it over has another section of patterns using the new yarn Stella, so it is almost two books in one.

This pattern has really caught my eye, ALEXA in Debbie Bliss Stella, just ideal for the summer.

The other pattern at the back of the first photograph is the Cropped Cardigan from the Blue Sky Alpacas, I also ordered the yarn for this from Get Knitted, The yarn should hopefully arrive any day now, as they did not have enough in stock and needed to re-order.

Also when ordering I just couldn't resist this, isn't this so cute ;-)


It's the keyring sweater from Lantern Moon

Also to arrive was a skein of Colinette Jitterbug in Bright Charcoal, I have not bothered to photograph this, as I was a bit disappointed, think I may have the same problem as Roxy mentioned on her blog, as I think the bright bits have definitely been missed on my skein, one of the problems with hand painted yarn, so this has been added to the never ending sock yarn stash pile.


This arrived too, after seeing Queen Frogger's copy, I just couldn't resist, so I ordered a copy from Amazon a week last Thursday and was really surprised that it landed on my doorstep yesterday (Saturday), especially as they had said expected arrival time to be April. There are a quite few things that I would like to make and I am really pleased with the book.



I bet after seeing these purchases, you are all thinking yeah, yeah, but when are we going to see some knitting actually been done, after all isn't this what this blog was supposed to be about. Well I have been knitting honest!!! Not as much as I like, as mundane things such as work, housework and paperwork have been getting in the way and the NOT mundane things such as Internet Shopping and reading other people's blogs.;-) I have very nearly finished the cropped cardigan, just one sleeve to go and the sewing up and knitted band etc... and I have completed
the first G-Rock STR Sock, and the second is also well on it's way, so hopefully shall have at least one FO for you next time.


I took the photograph on a white paper background, in hope that you can see the many colours better.








I did have a laugh though, the middle of last week, as the pattern from the Pattern a Day calender was this, for Valentine's Day. "A Valentine Thong"


Even DB couldn't stop laughing, until I told him, that I was going to make him one, instead of socks, his face soon changed and the language to follow, I couldn't possibly repeat on here, "now what yarn would be the best to use" ;-) I do apologise to the person who's design it is or to anyone who has made or considering making this, but for me personally, as much as I like wearing knitted items, knitted pants of any kind is definitely a no-no. So I shall leave you with that chuckle! but seriously if anyone should like the pattern, please let me know and I shall happily pop it in the post, and I promise I won't laugh. (too much....)

7 comments:

Judith said...

Howdy from a sister in the Rockin' Sock Club! Thanks for posting on my blog and introducing yourself!

Would you believe I have that very pattern for the thong? A bunch of us at our Thursday night knitting group were looking through the patterns on that calendar (one of our members received it as a Christmas gift). Of course, I claimed that lovely little number. I keep threatening one of my girlfriends that I'm going to knit one for her and do a bit of needlefelting on the front of it!

Hugs and happy knitting! /auntie judith

Linda said...

You have some great purchases there, I haven't seen the latest Debbie Bliss patterns yet so will go and have a look I think. The mind boggles with thoughts of knitting that thong!!! Mohair maybe!!! :)

Rain said...

What lovely goodies. Those DB books are lovely, her patterns are great.

Anonymous said...

I love it all! The "Fitted Knits" book sounds great! I must check it out!

CurlyBrunette said...

In am also stalking the postman for my STR and I cant wait anymore! Its preventing me from taking on other projects so I NEED that yarn now! Great pictures and what a cutie doggy you have!
I have to take a look at that Fitted Knits book, it looks great.

Kat said...

I love the calender pattern a day thingy. Where did you get it from and who is it made by? You certainly have been keeping the posty busy! I love getting post! you just never know what will arrive!

RoxyK said...

You're starting to make me jealous with that G Rocks STR! It looks so lovely and really different than what it looks like online....though I'll have to wait a little while till I order some more.

And of course you'll have to choose STR over black socks - what kinda question is that???

When will our kits arrive....I'm desperate for mine ;)

Love the keyring sweater - I had to make another mini sock keyring for Ireland!

If you're not happy with the Jitterbug you can always return it to Get Knitted of course. Shame though ;)