Sunday 11 February 2007

Look What's Arrived

Don't you just think that the best sound ever is the knock knock on the door from the postman, especially when you are expecting knitting goodies, I have certainly kept our postman busy over the last week, the first to arrive was this:



Two skeins of Socks That Rock, in shades January one and G Rocks, Blimey I was not at all disappointed with these, The colours and texture are amazing, as I know I don't need to tell most of you, that has already purchased some. I just literally couldn't wait to get home from work and start sock making, just what you want to get through a Monday





This is the shade G Rocks and the colours are more amazing when knitted than in the skein, it certainly become a favourite sock yarn. Also I arrived home to find the new Rowan magazine was on the doormat. I had actually had a sneaky peep at this in John Lewis's on Saturday, amazing last Saturday the sun was shinning and the weather was warm and just perfect for looking at all those summer patterns and new yarns. For me, there is a lot of good stuff in the issue and immediately the pattern Caister caught my eye



and it wasn't long before I found myself choosing and selecting the 4ply cotton ;-) I decided, to opt for the same colour scheme as in the pattern, a bit unadventurous I know, but decided it was best to play safe, I am hoping this will turn out OK as I really have fallen for it, but in the past I know I have problems with 4ply cotton and getting an even tension. but I going to see this has a bit of a challenge and take my time and try to do my best. I can't wait til spring . I also purchased the new summer tweed book, The Kasbah collection, this has a wonderful selection of patterns for summer tops and there are also new shades of Summer Tweed. I can't tell you how excited I am.


But then after all this looking at summer patterns and new summer yarns, what happens in the middle of the week, we get snow!!! Yes scraping ice from the car windscreen and watching big flakes of snow fall, soon brings you back down to earth and makes the summer seem far away. Never mind I really should be sticking to the New Year Resolution and actually have F.O's before starting new one's. I have finished though the front of Chamomile and also have finished the back on the cropped cardigan, this now, I have the amendments to follow has actually become a fast knit and an enjoyable one.
Talking of New Year Resolutions, the healthy eating plan is going quite well and I have started a new plan called the Human Inferno system, basically the idea with this, you start the day with a fairly big meal and then gradually the meals get smaller throughout the day, being your last meal, the smallest at around seven. pm. and the trick is that you don't eat anything after 8pm, it's quite difficult at first to adjust, what with work and everything, but I have tried and over the last fortnight have actually lost four pounds, but without feeling hungry or without sugar cravings, the knitting of course has helped, as by knitting mainly in the evenings it has kept my mind occupied. I Ideally would like to lose another half a stone, and be around 8.5 stone, as this is what I feel most comfortable at.
Back to the knitting purchases I also bought from Angel Yarns a Regia Sock kit in the shade Bonbon



Tess would like to say Hi, and also she would like to tell you it's her birthday today




Yup my little terror is four years old and is being spoilt rotten with doggy treats!



5 comments:

Linda said...

You got some lovely goodies in the post! I like the look of the Kasbah yarn too, and hello to Tess!!

MandellaUK said...

Happy Birthday Tess - if a little late!

OMG I love that STR. Can't wait until the end of the month when hopefully the Sock Club will arrive.

Well done on the weight loss. Although a lot more overweight than you, I find that not eating late and not eating starchy carbs with my evening meal helps.

Anonymous said...

The dog is such a cutie! Happy Birthdy Tess!!!

The yarn looks awesome! I love STR, and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the first STR club package! It just doesn't seem to come fast enough.

RoxyK said...

Oh yes, lovely STR! What a great package day you had ;)

And of course a Happy Belated Birthday to Tess, she looks quite a sweetie. Mind you, so does Thunder....

I really like Caister too and I reckon doing it in the same colours is a good thing. I usually change everything but with this one the colours really make the design.

I noticed you haven't put yourself on the STR map - where are all the UK members?

artyfartykat said...

You have kept the postman busy! Some gorgeous purchases too. Happy birthday to Tess, she looks full of mischief!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog, its nice to meet a new blogger!!