Sunday 24 December 2006

CHILLIN' OUT

Hooray, Christmas is here, I have now finished work, and don't start back til the New Year, and as the company I work for, premises are closed, I shan't be bombarded with telephone queries either. The last week has been fairly hectic, with end of month reports, invoices and also end of year reports to do as well, I did find the time though to finish Miss Moneypenny, this is an old Rowan pattern from magazine no 17, which I bought from eBay, I did finish the knitting about a month ago, but been dragging my feet a bit with the making up, the trouble is I prefer when I am sewing to do it in natural day-light, and there has not been an awful lot of that lately, but here she is all done





I actually knitted her in Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton rather than the cotton glace called for in the pattern, and added an extra two inches to the length in the body and on the sleeves, which has made her more of a classic styled cardigan, which shall be ideal for work in the spring/summer.

I have also made fair progress on my second Bergere De France Sock and I am just past the heel shaping, but to be interrupted by the arrival of this:



Two balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cash merino, I purchased this to make Anna's lovely Spindle socks, the pattern is absolutely divine with gorgeous slip stitch cables, these are for a gift for someone in the New Year. but I can see myself enjoying these so much, that I shall be having to make another pair for myself.

As neither DB or myself has a large family, our Christmas is going to be a fairly quiet one, which gives me plenty of time for knitting, cooking and taking Tess for long walks, she needs them at the moment to burn away some of the excitement of Santa-Paws coming!


So Happy knitting Christmas everyone, Have a good one!

2 comments:

RoxyK said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog ;)

So now I know the reason for the lack of sewing up - the lack of daylight of course!

Hope you manage to get in the STR sock club. I can't wait....

Have a lovely Christmas!

MandellaUK said...

Hello and welcome. It's always good to "meet" a new blogger. Having read through your posts I think we're some sort of evil twins. Let's see:

motorbikes - check (even if I am a rice burner!);
natural fibres - check:
knitting since an early age - check;
dogs - check (even though I don't have one of my own at the moment, I borrow)

I don't suppose you have a bunny?