Sunday 17 December 2006

Good Morning

Welcome to my Blog, after reading other people blogs about their knitting and things, I have decided to take the plunge and start my own and I must say, can you believe, I am quite excited. I apologise first, if I get things wrong but being new and having self taught computer skills, it may be a receipe for diaster. On this blog I am going to talk mostly about knitting, as this is my favourite hobby, I started originally when I was seven years old, and then had a huge break, then started again around a couple of years ago, mostly due to the huge selection of yarns now available, I prefer to use natural yarns such as wool and cotton and thanks to Rowan and others, this is now more easily available and is such a far cry from those acryilic gawdy yarns I used to use years ago (never again) This week I have completed one sock using Bergere De France yarn, which I purchased whilst on holiday this year in Brittany.

I am now about to start its partner, I was going to treat myself for Christmas to joining The Socks that Rock Club, that a lot of people have been talking about, but unfortunately have left it a little too late, and have been told that the club is now full, but I have been put on the waiting list, in case anyone should drop out, trouble is I don't know how far down the list I am, so I shall have to wait and see and if not maybe next year! Well that enough of my chatter for now, Only a week to go until Christmas, so everything is still quite hectic, what with work, shopping and present wrapping, It all gets a bit too much for certain members (Tess), and can be very tiring!

No comments: