Tuesday 2 October 2007

I'VE GOT MY INVITATION

Good news, I have now received my Ravelry Invite, I was rather surprised how it happened so quickly, about a week ago I was about 2200 in line, then Sunday evening, it came. The fact that it came at about eleven o'clock in the evening though sent me into a tizz, I felt rather like a child wanting to play when really should be going to sleep ready for Monday Morning. And of course being a Monday I couldn't play until after work. :(

I am quite astounded about how clever it all works and what a huge inspiration for ideas, it must be one of the best things to happen in the Knitter's World for a long time, of course most of you reading probably know this already, if you have had your invite . Thanks Roxy for the advice of setting up a flicker account already to use, I did start that last week and it does make things a little easier to be prepared beforehand. My user name is CurlyCable, so if anyone would like to let me know their user id's so I can add you to the friends page. I think it's going to take some time putting everything on there, so I adding bits as and when I think about them. For someone who thought they were quite a good girl with a small stash, when taking it down from all the hiding places, found this clearly isn't the case, I feel a little guilty about adding it all. Even worse, when photographing it all, DB asked "Are you putting all that for sale on Ebay then, What a cheek :) (Wonder how much he likes breathing) ;)


Despite spending a lot of time on Ravelry this week, I have done some knitting, and I am pleased to say The Sublime Cardigan is coming on quite well, with the back and two fronts all done


I am also half way up the first sleeve, so hopefully by next post I shall have all the knitting done.

I have also done a small amount on the second Tidal Wavesock too, the first one of which I finished whilst waiting for the hospital appointment, As ArtyfartyKat and Roxy commented, it does spur some interest, knitting rather than reading whilst waiting. I did get quite a few strange looks, some people even seemed a little smirky, and looked at me as though I had got some weird contagious disease, which in a way put me off, but then again I thought Why shouldn't I knit I am not bothering anyone else. It seems to me these people who mock knitting, miss out on an awful lot don't they and I think all the people who've signed up for Ravelry prove that.

That's really all my news for now, but will probably with Ravelry try to blog more little and often from now on. I have ordered a couple of books Knitknit: Profiles and Projects from Knitting's New Wave and also Favorite Socks by Ann Bud so will hopefully be able to tell you more about these next post.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I look forward to seeing the Tidal wave socks as I think I might knit them in the pink yarn. I am itching to get on Ravellry now, not long I hope!

Sarah said...

Hurrah for Ravelry.

Your cardi is looking fab.

RoxyK said...

DB's comment did make me laugh ;)

Funny how much stash we manage to forget about. I think when mine is finally all on Ravelry it will be astounding.......

Great progress on your Sublime cardi - more than me for sure!

Take no notice of anyone smirking when you're knitting - they're just jealous. I've never had any negativity or noticed any strange looks - but then I'm quite used to people thinking I'm strange anyway lol!

Madge said...

Yay for Ravelry! I just added you to my friends. :D

Your Sublime Cardi looks beautiful. Great progress you're making on it...soon you'll have a comfy sweater for chilly autumn evenings.

I think it's good, exposing the muggles to knitting again, so good for you!Knitting in public *is* funny sometimes. I've never had anyone say anything but nice things to me, though - they ask what I'm making, or tell me they (or their mother/grandmother/aunt) knit, or ask where the closest yarn store is. The funniest are the men who just want to talk. Hehe.

belaybunny said...

I agree, Ravelry is great. Very time consuming though!! Your sublime cardigan is looking great, and I do love the colour.

blog-blethers said...

Ravelry is an eye opener, isn't it!! And can't tell you how many additional items are on my 'to do' list as a result of Ravelry browsing!