Sunday 14 January 2007

TIME FLYS

Well, I can't believe it is two weeks, since I last posted, where has the time gone, we are already in the middle of January, being back at work is a bit of a drag, especially as the mornings are still very dark.

The New Year Resolutions are sort of going well, I have managed to keep to the healthier eating style and as this is the plan for life and not a diet as such, it should be easy to maintain, In the Christmas sales we bought a bread machine, so all our bread is now made with good natural ingredients and not a chemical insight, DB is an excellent cook, so he has being making some lovely meals and at least we have a bit more understanding of what we are actually eating and where possible making our own, so we can cut out the hidden fats, sugar and salt etc, I have cut down also on the amount of Chocolate and Cake and sugary foods I was eating and think this has actually helped to stabilise blood sugar levels, so I know longer feel so sluggish and lethargic.

The knitting unfortunately has being going a little slower than I liked, I do have my first finished project for 2007 though, the spindle socks, I have really enjoyed making these.




Thank you
Anna for the pattern, these were for a birthday present, but as I finished them a little bit too late, I decided to buy something instead, and actually keep these for myself ;)


The Bergere De France second sock is coming on very slowly, as I keep being interrupted by a you know who!!!





with calls of 'Mum lets play a game instead' Talking of socks though, I mentioned in a previous post, that I had wanted to join the Socks That Rock Club, but when I did try to join, it was full up, so I was put in reserve, well it turned out later, that there was still places left, Thanks
Roxy for spotting this, You are a star!!! So I tried and entered my pre-registration ID and was taken to the Shopping Cart, I can't tell you the excitement and joy I felt... to then discover the shopping cart had been removed as they had a technical fault, So I sent Blue Moon an e-mail to find out what other method of payment could be used and was told, that everything should be sorted by the weekend, it then transpired, that the girls at Blue Moon had been let down by their bank, as the bank thought that knitting socks couldn't possibly have that amount of interest and assumed with that amount of monies being paid into a sock club, it must be a kind of scam, and returned every ones payment to them. The upset this must have caused them at Blue Moon Fibers is unimaginable, Fancy a bank taking it upon themselves to return your customers money! But the girls have worked very quickly to resolve the problem and have been very good at responding quickly to e-mails, they deserve a medal! After a few attempts I have managed to make payment, although for some reason they wouldn't except my card, so on DB suggestion, I used his, and the payment went through, to his horror though! After seeing Roxy's socks, I was going to order a couple of extra skeins, to keep me going til the first package of the sock club arrives, the colour choices are truly amazing and it is so difficult to choose, but I think I shall wait until the methods of payments are sorted a bit better, I feel a bit greedy keep asking to use DB's Card, as also, that way he can see how much I am buying. He has asked me though in return for using his card to make him a pair of socks, I can't really say no can? but I shall not be using the Socks That Rock yarn, luckily the colours really are not his style, phew!!!. Does anyone know where I can get a man's sock pattern from, preferably fairly chunky to use with boots and one that uses slightly larger needles so its quick???

Now I have finished the Spindle Socks, I am ready to start a new project, this has taken my fancy



this is the cropped cardigan by Laura Long from the magazine, Yarn Forward, this is from the first issue and is really different from all the other magazines you see on the shelves.




I have some Rowan All Season Cotton in my stash in the colour Dusky, a kind of dark blue denim I bought it at a bargain from eBay a few months ago, so is ideal for this, I don't think I shall embroider the flowers though, I am not really a flowery type of girl and I hate sewing, so I am not putting myself under that kind of pressure and would probably make a hash of it anyway.

Well that's all from me for now, I'm off to do a bit more on the sock, whilst playing throw and catch the ball with Tess of course. Have a good week!!!

5 comments:

MandellaUK said...

The spindle socks look great. I think you deserved to keep them!

I joined the Rockin' Sock Club with all its associated hassle too, and their customer service was superb as you say.

Looking forward to seeing the Yarn Forward Cardi. I was rather taken with the tunic top - Ariel was it?

And finally, well done on the healthy eating. It's great that you're getting the payback by feeling better already.

Anonymous said...

the socks look great! I giggled when I read you decided to keep them - don't blame you at all ; )

Linda said...

I like the colour of those socks and will be watching out for the yarn forward cardi!

RoxyK said...

Thanks for the mention ;)

Knittingpatterncentral.com is choc full of patterns. If you go for a DK weight or equivalent you'll get a thicker and much quicker pair of socks. I like that you won't use STR for DB. Did make me laugh....

I gave in & had to order 2 more skeins of STR now payment issues are fixed - but for Valentines Day from DH!

You might want to wait a while till you start the cropped cardi from Yarn Forward. I loved it too, but it is full of errors apparently. I'm still waiting for something to appear on the website. Shame as its a lovely top - w/o the embroidery though ;-)

Anonymous said...

I too am a "throw and catch" slave. When those big brown eyes fix you with that "pleeeeeease play with me" look what else can you do but obey!

I couldn't believe the Blue Moon bank story, didn't they think to do any checks first? Completely crazy! Glad it's all sorted out now though and you will all get your yarn.